Thursday, March 29, 2012

XXIII

Today I am the big 2-3.  Twenty-three.  One hundred minus 77.

Yep, that's right.

Today is my birthday.  And I'm turning 23.

Twenty-three is the elusive yet greatly anticipated age which many greet with giddy enthusiasm.  [The others never find it.]

I programmed this post to appear magically at 10:00am [since I'm high tech like that], which hopefully means I'm on my way to Sedona right now.

That's right.  For the big 2-3 the hubby planned a day trip to Sedona, where we will wine, dine, and hike to our heart's content.  [Except we don't drink wine.  But we will Dr. Pepper to our heart's content.  Or Mr. Pibb if we're lucky.]


And hopefully we'll see flowers like that one.

Or flowers not like that one.

I'm not picky.

But you'll find that most people aren't picky on their 23rd birthday.

p.s.  I may have had to look up how to write 23 as a roman numeral, but now that I have, my life will never be the same.

4 comments:

Devey Crew said...

Love your Blogs hope you have the best day ever, Love Sedona, Have fun!!!

Emma Frances said...

Haha. I am the worst at Roman Numerals so I would have had to look it up too! :] HAPPY BIRTHDAY though!I hope you have a fantastic time in Sedona!!! And drink lots of Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb! I can't wait to hear about your fun weekend!

Suget said...

haha you are so cool.
Happy 23rd Birthday!!!
Have fun in Sedona and I sure hope you see any type of flowers... and you get a whole bunch of em.

karajean said...

Happy birthdsay! Sedona will be lovely this time of year. I'm super jealous.